Friday, March 26, 2010

Greenie

So I'm the new guy.

I feel like I'm the new character entering a foreign world, or the dude entering the show in it's second season. I'm Lando Calrissian joining the Rebel Alliance, Desmond Hume becoming a member of the Flight 815 survivors, Andy Bernard transferring to the Scranton Branch, Gullum/Smeagal offering to be a guide into Mordor, Buzz Lightyear trying to fit in with all the toys, J becoming a member of the M.I.B., Jake Sully replacing his twin brother by using his Avatar, Po the Panda training with the Furious Five, or Harry Potter learning the wizarding ways.

I've done the best I can so far. I bought the paint we used to paint downstairs. I have fallen in love with Betos food. I listen to as much jazz as I can stand. I plan everything with google calendars. I try to share as much food as I can. I'm practicing the different laughs that are common among these people here. I'm starting to glare at people more often. I even bought an iPod Touch so that I could fit in with all the guys!

But no matter what I do, I'm always one step behind.

Jory convinced Tyler to buy a Gold's Gym membership for the next two years. What the heck!?! I can't afford that right now after moving out, buying a tuba, and buying an iPod Touch! I don't even like exercise! Now they go every morning to go work out and then they come home and drink this nasty protein drink; all without me. I'll never never really fit in here. I'll always be that other roommate with the black and red room and the Slytherin outfit.

But you know what? I like it. I enjoy being in the background. I don't like being the spotlight all the time. I can kind of just sit back and enjoy the show. And trust me, there's plenty to witness in the House of Blues.

5 comments:

  1. Brilliantly done! I would only make one correction: You are always TWO steps behind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. But seriously folks...Marcus is only joking...right?..Marcus?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if you are (glar[ing]) then you OBVIOUSLY fit in...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahahaha I loved this. Can I say that just after reading the first paragraph I decided you would probably make fast friends with me and my roommates....

    ReplyDelete